View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Call it what you want, but the trout are dead and the Sticklebacks are thick. I call that taking over. The cranes and pelicans are happy though. You'll never eliminate them completly, but a good cleansing might give the pond lots of years before they are this bad again.
I will be doing some more digging as to why exactly they don't want to stock Hermitage. It must have something to do with the NSR being so close. Maybe they are worried about spreading Whirling Disease downstream to Sask. I doubt it, but someone must know.
Yes there was a video with Todd Zimmerling(ACA president) that I believe I saw on Facebook. In it he was saying that whirling disease was going to have a couple immediate impacts on stocking this year for 2 reasons.

1) Some hatcheries are thought to be infected or they aren't sure if they are infected so they are not using their fish. This means they will be stocking fewer fish this year.

2) Waterbodies that have the ability to allow stocked fish to escape into river systems etc will not be stocked until I believe they can confirm they are free of whirling disease and that the fish being stocked do not have the disease. I believe Hermitage falls into this category because of the possibility of flooding.