Thread: Hunting gear
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 09:49 AM

I like the Cabela's lighter clothing but dress in layers. If you want camo just buy yourself an outer shell one size larger than you need and some work fleece hoodie to wear under it. I have two of their heavyweight parkas but never wear them because they are too hot if your moving around at all. It would be good if you put it on after you arrive at your stand and only plan on sitting there for a period of time. One word of warning with Cabela's though, buy the pants and jacket at the same time because they are always introducing new camo patterns. For example I bought some Zonz Western shirts on sale but the pattern was discontinued shortly after. Now I can not get any matching pants or bibs. This patterns was perfect for my hunting grounds.
The only Redhead gear I have is a t shirt but it shrunk after the first wash. It doesn't look that durable though.

Really the only time I find camo necessary is bird hunting. I go with neutral colored Tough Duck clothing deer hunting now.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."