View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk63 View Post
Thanks for the entertainment fellas! I'm able bodied so I can Bow Hike, not much of a Bow Hunter yet. Maybe the solution is making cross bow permits more accessible for people with injuries / disabilities. I don't think allowing everyone to use a crossbow during archery seasons in the solution. Getting into Bow Range and pulling a trigger is a hell of a lot easier then drawing back a bow and trying to get a shot. If you think otherwise your either a much better hunter then I, or you haven't done much Bow Hiking. Allowing cross bows during the general archery seasons will result in higher harvest rates, which will reduce overall opportunity in the long term.
Just assumptions there.

Where both are allowed success rates are within a couple points. Much harder to get into bow range. As far as hunting is concerned the data has long been available that the crossbow is just another bow. Maybe not defined archery but that's about it. Now you know but go ahead and research yourself, dig up old threads here will find you plenty of links.

Everyone keeps saying reduce overall opportunity? No, quite the contrary, increases overall opportunity. You're forgetting about the added opportunity for all hunters and only worried about a decrease for a select few. Your glass is just tinted a bit rose.

This was just the tipping point argument again. Around the circle we go.