View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhorn2 View Post
I do believe this as well its what I base all my legal advice on

This is a hot topic and has bad apples on both sides. But this comes down to the same issue as the bighorn, and other ohv vs environment debates, enforcement. We need more enforcement on the rules that are currently in place. More officers for patrolling etc during season. More parks guys patrolling the ohv abusers. If your not breaking the law you should have no issues. If you run into an abusive lease holder use the system if you really want to access the land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One thing I ran into up in high prairie one year was we found a lease bordering some crown and the grass was all 3ft high, no livestock had been in there all year. SO we called the guy and left a message. The next morning we drove by and shocker, there magically appeared cattle. Clearly he let them out that evening after receiving our voicemail. Yeah is made us mad but we kept on our way.

One thing is, if the lease is local or closer to where you live or if you really wanna hunt there what's stopping you from helping the farmer around the lease? A lot of farmers are up there in age and I'm sure they could use a hand maintaining that lease they pay for.

Every year when it comes to late season elk hunting I always hear people say "go in the summer, make friends with the farmer, help him out and he'll likely give you permission." It works.