Thread: Grades are up
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck du Nord View Post
I was wondering what kind of answer your buddy got from NAFA when he called ? They probably apologized and changed all his damaged 3 and 4s coyotes for SSL or *SEL LOL !!! What a waste of time for the NAFA employee who had to answer the phone. Tell you buddy that they are professionals graders and they work for us but they also work for their commission. So if they grade a coyote III-DGD its because it's a damaged coyote end of question ! Poor fur skinner or poor fur quality.
I would disagree with this and I think some others would as well. The phone call might have been a waste of time yes unless to try to figure out which of the coyotes were which. Although the grading system does likely have some merit I find it hard to believe that Alberta December and January coyotes get graded II. I believe according to the manual these are over prime or underprime coyotes..and the auction was full of them. I’m not complaining at all because prices are great, but I’m just not sure the grades are always reflective of the fur.