View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
As a person who wants more quality fisheries, I will say that I do support this and have signed the petition already. However, I also see the need for put and take fisheries. For those who are opposed to this, keep in mind that there are a lot of other fisheries created where you can keep more fish. Currently most lakes are catch and keep fisheries, and the fishermen wanting quality lakes have very few places to fish.
Not sure if you agree but I categorize these regulation changes as a put and take fishery. It is just we have an initial delay of a year or two until the first stocking reaches 20 inches...then obviously...they will get harvested. Thereafter...every year trout will be stocked...but every year the next batch to grow to 20 inches will be harvested.

I still believe as mentioned above...the recreational benefits happen for all...and actually these changes benefit those that wish to kill trout more so than catch and release anglers. The harvesters get the benefit of larger, more exciting trout to catch...and an awesome larger trout to eat...