View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
'You are trying to link a 20 inch rainbow to a trophy lake...but sorry I don't call 20 inch stocked rainbows a trophy...'

lmfao....i gonna step out on a limb and suggest you dont have the +20lb RBT or BT record i have.
the rest i appreciate what youve said . i respect everyones views. thats why the NDP still has party in Alberta
I am not sure we are agreeing or not agreeing. I strongly believe that "+20lb RBT or BT" are trophies. All I said is a 20 inch (as in inches long...not lbs) is NOT a trophy. Just a nice size trout to catch versus a 12 inch trout.

There seems to be a vocal group on this thread that is trying to equate letting the trout grow 2 extra years before harvest as a trophy fishery. After 2 years...thereafter we would see a yearly group of rainbows reaching 20 inches.

I would say rainbows over 10 lbs would start being called trophies...stocked or otherwise. That would put them at 28 - 34 inches long here I suspect and that is not what is proposed.

Are we in agreement or...please explain your point further. We can share notes...

Thanks a bunch

Sun