View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I now understand where you are coming from. Have you considered however that what you are saying is that you are sticking up for these people that just want to catch fish. They can still catch fish and probably with higher catch rates...in fact in two years they can harvest larger fish. No one is stopping anyone from fishing. No one is stopping harvest. I guess from a comparison perspective...do you really see value in stocking 4 inch rainbows and then having a 10 fish limit at 4 inches each? Is that a good fishery? This concept is the same thing...rather than 12 inch trout...20 inch trout are more exciting if the catch rates are good. I hardly think it is fair to call this type of reg a "hitler" rule. That is furthest apart bad comparison as the universe allows.

History has proven after Bullshead Lake that if you take a 12 inch put and take stock lake and make it a 20 inch put and take stock lake that people actually love it. Change can put off some people but if one sits back and truly understands the concept and the benefit you realize you are better off. Sometimes people say no without realizing they are hurting themselves.

As for enforcement...that is no reason to no have proper regulations to manage the fishery. Most people abid by the rules. Some don't. Report a poacher helps. Fish cops also due check. I agree...more enforcement would not hurt. In fact the new regs were followed in Bullshead and enforcement did occur.

You are also getting way off target switching from stocking issues and size limits to social issues with drug problems in downtown Calgary.

In the end... at least you and I agree this new rule is not to create a "trophy lake" as you clearly state a 20 inch rainbow is no trophy and neither is a 10 lber.

Thanks for joining the topic. It is always fun debating with someone as passionate on the topic as yourself.

Merry Christmas everyone...

Sun
okay i lyed..but this will be my last post..lmfao.
so your saying the little girl will have as much success catching a 20 inch older fish as a stocker put and taker? i repeat it doesnt matter to them.

and the hotel crack is aprime example of a service provided to a small group who whinned the loudest....for fawksakes we have veterans going hungry. this country has lost priorities. what makes you smile more....a grown capable man with a 20 inch trout or a little kid grinning from ear to ear with a 9inch fish.
simply put let a few crack heads die!!!!! feed the veterans and let a kid catch fish.......priorities!!!!!!!!!!

its like a donkey punch in the dark....no studies on water or bulltrout predation.

all i ask is just leave the few places a family , child and elderly or handicapped person can catch and harvest a clean mtn. trout. in a easily accessed lake. no matter the size!!! You want 20 inch fish go somewhere else.....the country is teaming with 20 inch fish.
thanks