View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Ya you gotta get a leupold 3.5-10x40 cds-zl at 12.5 oz (listed at 13.1 oz but i have one and it shows 12.5 oz on my scale) on that rifle in some talley lightweight rings (2.5 oz), you'll still shoot lights out to 500 plus and you'll be around 7 1/4 lbs all up...much easier to one hand while swiveling on the shooting sticks for those speedy little flea bitten mongrels.

from recollection my tikka's shot the 32/40 gr hornady both sub-moa easy, i think the preference was tighter with the 40's, my cz was the other way around, it shot 32's about 1/2-3/4 and the 40's 1-1 1/4 moa, so i'd expect you'll see your 3/4 moa with the 40's pretty easy, it's too bad federal doesn't still load the 39 gr sierra blitzkings, it was THEE load for factory ammo, it was awesome accurate and killing and fought the wind well
I must say Leupold has my attention. I like more zoom power than 10x but I definitely have been considering a leupold. 14x is bear minimum and I prefer
18x - 24x. Light/accurate/durability/18x plus/price just need to find this perfect mix.

I also have always been curious about the cds reticle. With a coyote rig things happen fast so being able to re-range quickly appeals to me also.