Thread: Alberta Bass?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canned Tuna View Post
It's a pretty expensive river to fish on isn't it. Don't you need to hire a guide to be able to fish that river? Anyways it's a world famous river for atlantics and to bad there are smallies taking over. I remember watching the guys from the fishing canada show fishing for smallies in New Brunswick. I also heard there are bass tournaments in NB.
Yes,in NB,non-resident anglers need a guide to fish for Atlantics or even for trout on guide required/scheduled salmon rivers.Expensive??I guess that depends what you call expensive?No more expensive than the guided west coast salmon trips I've seen reccomended here many times,and in fact I've seen daily float trips on the Bow that cost as much and more as a day on the 'chi?
I'd say figger on $300-500/day depending on how fancy the lodge,but that would include lodging,food,guide....the whole 9 yards.The going rate for local guides is in the $150-250/day range for guide only.

Bass tournaments.....pffffft...don't even go there!! Those a-holes in many cases are the Bill Dance wannabees that are illegally spreading these invasive menaces all over the Maritimes,threatening the very existance of native salmonids wherever they become established!