View Single Post
Old 11-26-2023, 05:16 PM

I have a 4wt,5wt,6wt and 8wt, in several models from them and have no complaints at all. I did a few reviews on some of their models and reels on my site www.peteward.com in my trad review section . now my experience is limited , as I just started casting flies in the late 50's , with greenheart rods made by my father, and progressed to bamboo, then fiberglass before discovering graphite in the 80's.

The best bang for the buck from maxcatch is the Extreme set for about $100 =- . Rod reel, line, case and more at this price can't be beat. My extreme's cast every bit as good as my Fenwick, and TFO rods at a fraction of the cost.

I used to buy $50.00 lines in the 70's and 80's now I have every rod set up with weight foreward , slow sink, fast sink, and floating lines on very inexpensive maxcatch Eco reels . Their $cheap lines are just as good as the big name expensive lines that I used to buy.

A good friend tried my 5wt extreme,eco reel, and $10 lines trout fishing and said it casts every bit as good as his $700 sage.with an expensive line and reel . I use a 6wt, and 8wt for walleye and pike , never a complaint.

Amazon has a couple other company's selling the maxcatch name at inflated prices, shop wisely, or just shop direct from China . They also send your order free shipping, and I found them very quick and reliable.

I see no reason to think the Euronymph will not be a very good rod too .

Pete

Last edited by petew; 11-26-2023 at 05:22 PM.