View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
A couple of things.
#1 Yes I used to shoot a ton. I really really liked it. And we as a group got very good. But I got married and had 2 kids. Now life doesn't allow for that type of fun. We used to Bow hunt 4-5 nights a week.

#2 To get to that level again (The Cans) I know that would take a ton of work. But to get to the point of popping them into a 6" pie plate at 50 yards I did it last summer in after 15 minutes of playing and remembering.

We used to make a game out of busting each others nocks at 30 yards.

I also can take a nube bow hunter and have him/her putting them into 6" pie plate at 30 yards in 30 minutes. And yes I did that last summer as well.
Shooting a bow is not a big deal once you get the proper technique down and with proper teaching it can be done.

Now the hunting end and shooting under field conditions is another story.

SO I am a fellow Bow hunter and target enthusiast. I am also a realist and can see through the greediness of the different mindsets.
I just know that X-bows will not hurt our sport.

Will I buy one.. Probably not, like I said my life doesn't allow for a bow right now but perhaps someday it will. And when it does, I don't want the Gov or the ABA telling me what to do in the field.

Jamie

What do you think is easier to use and learn?