Thread: Cnn trophy
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
I have to agree with you Elk but as you and I both know baiting is illegal in our home province ( except for bear, which I do not agree with)
I'm just referring to North America in General, the anti hunting sentiment we are dealing with today is the whole continent, so I was referring to baiting deer in our own country as not much better than shooting a penned animal. It's also easy to do and pathetic to me. The Croc hunt was pathetic, the hunter was a douche bag, but there's tons of hunts over there that's wide open, huge concessions. They are not all easy hunts. Even the penned hunts, try find a kudu on 50,000 acres of fenced bush, you can hunt a week and not even see one. There's all levels of hunting over there which is good for older fellows and you can bring your wife(did I just say that?), who doesn't have much interest in spending 5 years on a mountain face to find a legal ram.
That old Rhino breeder was bang on, if you stop the breeders over there, you will only be looking at pictures of extinct game in the near future.
Kenya stopped hunting years ago and there game numbers are down by 60-70%. Poaching is thru the roof in that country now, so pick your poison.
The anti's want to replace hunting with camera safaris, they want to pay $20 to spend a day photographing wildlife in a park, well the Average hunter spends over $10,0000 USD to hunt less than 1% of that species population. It's sustainable and is the best way to ensure the survival of the game, it's been proven in countries that have banned hunting.
North Americans want to control the hunting over on another continent, but they don't understand Africa, they assume it's just like North America which is not the case, you take the value of those animals away by ending hunting, they will be poached to extinction.
Hunting here is for sport, it's not a need, not the case over there. You don't go hunting here , you still get your paycheck.
i was surprised the show was only focussed on Africa, it would have been more compelling to see why hunters kill animals in North America, they would have a much better argument here, we are trophy hunting to put heads in our trophy rooms, in Africa it's going to stave off extinction. Here it's a 'bucket list' for the trophy room, I find that argument tougher to fight when I'm attacked by anti hunters. What do you say?