View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Stephen. View Post
Thanks everyone that is some great information and it is greatly appreciated. I was leaning towards the razor tips till I went to a store today and the rep tried pushing the slick tricks on me. He swore by them. I guess it comes down to the good old debate of fixed vs mechanical.
I have some slick trick magnums I am going to try as I still would prefer to have less KE loss due to mechanical function. However in thinking about it what would have more KE loss ...a three blade reaper or a four blade fixed ....surely the four blade has a more overall cutting surface but also significant surface friction.....Im not sure that I would see anymore penetration with this style of broadhead if not maybe less.
I shot a bull moose at 50 yards with a G5 Striker perfect broadside right behind the shoulder and I that arrow sliced through him like butter and was found about 25 yards behind where he was standing.
On the G5 strikers I just dont like the blade retention ring as I find when it tightens down it is very hard to get center and often results in some good arrow wobble on a spinner.
Might even try the shuttle T lock as i belive this design should be very deep penetrating and not a ton of blase to be pushed by wind but still have excessive confidence in the grim reaper.