View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 09:58 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
15 years older than your age - is 'old'.

When you're 15, a 30 year-old is 'old'.
When you're 30, a 45 year old is 'old.

Even when you're 60, the 75 year-old down the street is the 'old guy'.

And for him, the 90 year-old is 'old'.
I used to be that way. But over the years the age of others became less and less important until things reversed.

Now as I grow older, young becomes a wider and wider margin.

Around 40 a 20 year difference meant nothing, now it's more like thirty.

Now, to me a 90 your old does not seem that old and a 30 year old does not seem that young.

That puts me in a awkward situation. I'm fine being friends with a 30 year old or a ninety year old but the thirty year old is not so interested in being friends with me because to them, I'm too old to do anything or to understand their prospective. Plus they seem to think we have nothing in common.

For me, I remember being thirty. In fact I wish I were thirty. Plus I still like most of the same things I did back then. I still think the same as I did back then too. My body has aged but my mind has not.
I can still do everything I used to do, just at a slower pace now.

What sucks the most is that the women my age are no longer interested in intimacy and the younger women are not interested in men my age.

It's the accumulation of things that makes getting older suck. It's the aches and pains, the shortness of breath, the lower stamina and the non existent love life.

There's still a lot left to live for, a lot of things youth does not have. Like free time to do as I wish, like fishing. It's grande kids. It's not having to spend half of my day making some corporation rich and myself poor.
It's owning all or most of the things I always wanted, and having the time to use them. It's finally figuring what's important and what is not.

Most of all, it's waking up with a pulse when half the guys I grew up with are resting under the flowers.

George Bernard Shaw