View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 02:18 AM

The top places for me would be great bear i fished it twice,neultin lake Manitoba fished it 3 times,nejanilini 2 times also in manitoba,Lake nipigon has some big lakers,fished it a dozen times.

I know dozens of trout lakes from 15 to 35 pounds,i am not sure about great slave lake I did fish it 35 years ago and did well.I fished a lake last summer with my wife,fished it for 40 years and the biggest trout I ever seen caught was 19 pounds,on my 4th fish I hooked a 39 pound laker.I drifted 3 miles and he went down to 200 feet and I just wore him out,let it go and had few laughs.

I know some drive in places,but it couldn't handle 2000 guys fishing it plus you need to draw a tag to keep one plus it has no live bait,but in one day I threw 20 fish away from 18 to 35 pounds,only place I ever got spooled out 35 years ago.

I had 20 pound test line and 300 yards on the spool and it just kept making 40 yard runs and stopped then just booter,after 25 minutes my drag as my drag maxed out I ran of line on the ice. fishing.I was in 300 feet of water and he grabbed my bait and went straight down to 150.

On great bear if you cross it where it says kreis on the map,a metor hit there and it's all nice sand,but that pool where the meter hit is crazy,specially about ten days after ice out,i seen fish coming up for fly's out that dark hole by the hundreds.

Plus if I was to target one place on great bear would be of Halbinsel on the notrh side,fishing that whole shore line head west towards the point I hooked 35 to to 38 there,we had just a dock there 30 years ago and it was out of this world.That big water so watch the weather and go fish inward or the south side.

I only fish there 6 hours then the flight came to pick us up,if a guy targeted that area for a week straight there is for sure 50 lb plus,no cuff or even bigger.

All the other places I mention are also very good trophy lakes.

Last edited by JD848; 05-29-2019 at 02:30 AM.