View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
As mentioned above, don't overlook an Ultralight. I acquired my PPL in 1968 .. at a total cost of 600.00 (tax deductible). Later in life I purchased an all metal Advanced Ultralight (Bush Caddy) and have never enjoyed flying more. Advanced Ultralights are relatively inexpensive to purchase, train, maintain and operate and will get you safely to most anyplace you may want to go. Regrettably, I sold it two years ago.

At 60 yrs of age you still have lots of time to fulfil your ambition. Do it!
50! I have 10 more years to hit that number

Great advice guys, keep it coming.

I don't have any vices so partaking in hobbies is fairly easy, this is just the next one and I am definately looking forward to getting away from grounded traffic.
I will get my license, I just have to decide if I want to buy or rent, and believe me I research the hell out of everything before I pull the plug.
I went into the big boat fairly quick, happened to find the right deal at the right time. I think I can get a fairly nice plane for a hundred thousand. One I was looking at was $45,000 but a little older than I want.
Like everything else right now, it is a buyers market.
I know the high wings are a better trainer, but I am far more interested in low wing flying. After a few discovery flights I may change my mind.
So many things to consider, I know.
I try to buy right, so it is not a complete wash, more of an investment.
Please keep the discussion going, I am really enjoying this.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....