Thread: Quad Purchase
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 12:53 AM

10.93 BRP/12.5 YAM= 14% faster acceleration. And from a drag race, I believe it.

In the real world of trails and crawling on rocky escarpments, it doesn't mean jack.

Weight is hard to control on tricky slopes, and tires you out faster.

Add on a couple days worth of fuel, food, gun, ammo, etc, and it gets much worse.

When I do out fully loaded with food,cookstove,propane, tent, bedroll, tarp, hygeine, more gas (11Gals total), guns, ammo and me, my Grizz 700 tips the scales at just under 1200 lbs.

The Can Am..would ring in at 1400

And the Visco Loc..... no thanks. When I want 4wd, I don't want a delay, or have the back wheels slip before it engages.... darn dangerous when rock crawling.

And REAL 4WD Diff Lock. 25% power to EACH WHEEL.. for the really nasty terrain. Steering when in Diff Lock is more difficult, but even with only 1 front tire on the ground, you can put power down.

HP= Fuel mileage.. the more you have, the less you get. BSFC.... I'd love more power in the grizz, but I do smile when other's are filling up, and I still have over 1/4 tank.

Still, nothing beats the Honda 300's for economy.... but they are so darn anemic.....

The 420 is not too bad.

Last edited by Got Juice?; 08-18-2015 at 01:00 AM.