View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
Of course I am a Lund man.. Yes you can buy cheaper but do you want to.. When you are spending this kind of money at least you can try and get your moneys worth. But this is not to say the rest are junk its all personnel preference and how you maintain them.. One thing I will tell you //// DO NOT GET CARPET IN YOUR BOAT. Why a manufacturer that builds a boat for fishing puts carpet in them I have no idea. Fish slime and carpet just don't mix. Get a plastic or nylon covered floor,, trust me.

Good luck..
I love my Lund, so I agree there, but I disagree on the carpet.

The Lund carpet is awesome. Hooks don't snag in it and it's amazingly stain resistant and easy to clean.

After a good weekend of sand, crawler dirt and fish slime, I just give it a good going over with the garden hose and it comes out clean as new. Any trouble spots get a little laundry soap or stain remover. Pull the plug and let the boat drain, leave the tarp off so it dries out, and you're done.

The removeable snap out carpet option might be worth a look, but I like the appearance, comfort and sound deadening affect of the carpet, and I wouldn't be without it.

Waxy