View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 07:01 PM

Smile

I have a 12 foot with a 9.9 and have been using a GPS fish finder for the last 4 years. Its a great tool for river boating etc... The set up I have put together is my finder is mounted to one of those cheap items that sit on the hump of your vehicles floor boards. Mine has a small spot for my knife (what ever) and two cup holders. On that I have a couple of very small bungee straps. These hook just under the seat beside me holding the thing in place even in the roughest water. The whole thing I adapted to a 12 volt plug like a cig lighter. The power unit I had was a Natalus unit from canadian tire. Now I use one that is not as conducive to wet weather but i just keep it covered from the elements with a rag. The transmitter end has a suction cup that I just stick on the back. The 800 watts of power I get from this rechargeable unit last forever and has a light for coming off the water at dusk. (or maybe just a little past). I have the unit sitting off the bottom of the boat by aranging my paddles to they create a little shelf that works perfect for the unit. The unit I use to power it I recharge by a cig lighter in the truck, or plugging it in while the generator is running, but only when I am camping for 3 weeks straight. The whole base with the unit attached and the attached cables I store in a plastic tool box dedicated for the purpose.

Last edited by Baitcaster; 09-25-2008 at 07:08 PM.