View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I see barbless laws as just another barrier in getting young people involved in enjoying the out-of-doors.
- another thing for them to worry about whether they're 'legal' or not
- another 'discretionary call' by a F & W officer as to when a pinched barb can be termed 'barbless
- makes landing a fish more difficult for the new angler

Now that the safety-zealots have made legal boating so complicated with overkill requirements, it's time to concentrate on making fishing so regulated it's only us hard-cores that bother to keep track of them all. No wonder kids spend all day in the basement in front of a video game.
Barb less hooks is the way to go, i always de barb the hook, it usually just falls out when i catch a fish, all though some fish i catch with de barbed hooks can still bleed, it all depends where the fish is hooked, i do not see how it is a cash grab as the ticket is not that much and there is only 105 officers in Alberta to begin with, it all depends how you revive the fish, for example if you fish barb less or barbed when you catch a fish if you end up throwing it back in the water as i have seen several times this year that is obviously worst then fishing barbed, argument can go both ways i have heard that barb less hooks can penitrate deeper into the fishes mouth there for bleed more and so on, anyways good fishing, clean up after yourself.