View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yup, terrible hard! I just hate eating meat and eggs and butter and olives and avocado and such......

I will say that I probably would be down 30 lbs by now, but I do cut myself slack in one crucial area.....don't hate me, but I still have a cold beer after work. I like cold beer. Not 12 cold beers, just one, sometimes 2. But a man's gotta live too.
I even cut out my beer... All grains is all grains. However, I only did the absolute cutoff for 30 days. I will be allowing myself 1 (ONE) bottle of craft-brewed beer for every 25 pounds lost.
In order to make that a goal worth striving for, I have a very, very special case of beer coming my way. A 6-pack of incredibly rare Belgian ale, so rare that it has never been sold outside of Belgium before, brewed by Trappist monks in the Old style, using a method that hasn't changed in a few hundred years.

$70+ for six bottles. When I drink the last one, I will be at my goal weight of 210 pounds. And because this is REAL beer, bottle fermented, each one will taste better and better because this kind of beer ages very well, for up to five years...

At that point, I will ease up a bit on my restriction, but I will never drink anything but the best, because it's the only way to make it worth it.