View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
beehive

Spent a week there in the first week of april , caught fish at elk and beaver lake. Its really one lake connected by a narrows. The canadian rowing team trains on this lake and although cool to watch they can get in the way at times due to the fact those boats cannot turn quick.A boat or floattube helps but by the middle of june fish can be EASYLY caught from shore. I have only hooked up fish ,smallies that is, up to the 3-4 lb mark but many .The best spot to fish bass in the area is on saltspring island a short ferry ride from victoria. I just walk on the ferry and hitch a ride to the lake from the ferry terminal in ganges harbor on saltspring.A floatube is essential on saltspring due to the shoreline , most is privately owned . There is one public launch and can be very busy at times,but the fishing is top shelf. Wooly buggers are killer along with dark coloured senkos.The locals all fish the saltchuck for salmon and halibut ,most of the bass fishermen i ran into were from other provinces. The hotel in ganges harbor,the old one ,has excellent local beer, wine ,and burgers.Not enough oos in cool for this place.

Last edited by beehive; 05-23-2011 at 07:31 PM.