View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingthefreezerfull View Post
First off thanks for the great article,

Last year I was blessed to have been part of three Suffield hunts, all very successful with some fantastic trophies... not without the work or frustration of these organized hunts, I'll add.... but we did our homework.

A few questions fro the folks who've been on this one before...

It's my wife's draw, the Dec 3-5 hunt. Leaving the kids at home with Ma and planning to enjoy a few nights away just us! This has been a slow year hunting for us with no meat thus far in the freezer.

Questions:

1. How much Blaze orange is required? Vest and hat suffice?
2. Can we bring back-up rifles? this proved useful on Suffield when one of the 300 WSM we brought was damaged.
3. Do we require extra safety gear to enter any areas of the base? ie Suffield requiring GPS, means to remove wildlife from walk-in areas, emergency blankets, etc.
4. How early should we arrive at the meeting? is there any paperwork that should be printed off and filled out prior to going? Do we need to pre-register anywhere?
5. What surprises or regrets do you have? Things you wished you would have known?

Thanks Everyone
More information would be great to see . This isn't some secret spot that must be kept a s family secret .
So many have hunted this over many years and yet only 1 guy is generous enough to offer information?
Cmon guys give us some intel