View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguzze View Post
In my area it is not the tags and sport fishing that is taking down the counts. It is the nets. It is pretty bad that I can't go out catch a fish to feed my family for the night but others can net when ever they want.
110% agree. Sustenance fishing (or hunting) because it was/were "traditional" rights for the most part I don't have a problem with in relation to the true sense of the meaning, however what I do have a problem with is when sustenance fisher people utilize "non-traditional" methods as I'm somewhat certain pick-ups, ATV's, snowmobiles, chainsaws, powered augers, modernized gill nets, and the like have nothing to do with the "tradition". Anyone who wants to walk out there wearing some birch branch snow shoes, chisel out a few holes in the ice, drop in a hand crafted gill net, and hoof all of that back home, go fill your boots.

Prejudice = "in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair". When the shoe is on the other foot... just saying