View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
If these people businesses you knew took priority over your ability to enjoy the outdoors, would you excuse your right as a resident so that they could profit?

Sure not all are bad but I think the time has come to put the average joe first. If that is ignorant to you then fine.
My comment was in regards to the sportsman vs businessman comment.....there are people that are true sportsmen that happen to make a living in an industry and lifestyle they enjoy. I'm not speaking for outfitters here, but sporstmen who make a living in the outdoors in general. That was all. I do beleive there are people who can be both.....

The bigger topic is outfitting/residents/priority/etc but its not a personal thing that should divide the individual sportsmen. Its much 'bigger' than individuals for the most part I think. Truly anyone should be able to see that a large majority of outfitters get into that industry for their love of the outdoors and their passion for hunting. To cast them as not being 'sportsmen' is a bit specific, when its the 'big picture' that may need changing. I dont personally think the individuals are to blame for following their dreams and having a system in place that allows it.

Be mad at the system, not the individuals (for the most part) is all I'm sayin....