View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradcgm View Post
I would also recommend some sort of chest pack, vest, or waist pack for lugging the little things around and can find some cheaper decent ones on amazon. Good magnetic or reel clips or something similar are a nice touch for attaching your net/tools without having too much in your way.
All good advice above. My go to rods for both stream and lake fishing for the last 13 years have been TFO and I couldn't be happier.

The vest, sling, chest pack, backpack selection might be one item where you consider buying used to begin with. Depending on how you fish and how long your outings are you may want to try a couple of different options. We're lucky in Calgary because the Facebook Marketplace and Kijiji sites are probably the most active in Canada for fly fishing gear. You'll have lots of different pack types to choose from come March - April when guys start planning the new season. I started out with a vest, then went to sling packs for 7 years until age related shoulder problems forced me to look at chest packs. I got my vest from Kijiji 10 yrs ago and still use it for lake fishing. I'm now using two different sized chest packs (both from Marketplace) for my fishing on the Bow and backcountry stream.

Good luck with your new hobby!