View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
The government's response seems reasonable to me. From what I have been reading on AOF, wolf populations are out of control and I for one am happy to see the government taking a proactive stance.

I also do not believe that there are enough trappers out there to effectively reduce the wolf numbers, especially in the areas I hunt.
While everyone is entitled to their own opinion its not about controling wolf numbers, its the way ther are doing it. Posioning is not a good or humane method. I believe if there was incentive there would be more than enoguh trappers to effectivly reduce the numbers but also they could have bounties and ask California if bounties work (they almost wiped out cougars altogether becasue of a bounty). Why not more than trappers go with fish and game clubs and hunters. At $5000 per wolf for the heli shoots im sure they can motivate people cheaper than that.Why do every other species need to die to save caribou? 1000 moose tags in 353 ya that make sense. There is little wolves left in the al lepeche little smokey area and yet caribou are not populating. The problem is not wolves people it industry, and you mean to tell me the griazzlies are not feeding on the calves of game in the area, grizzily numbers are exploding but oh ya there is none. Its easy to hide behind the "wolf cry" thats what they want people to do. some of the cut blocks in the area have less than 30% recovery rate which is obscene, they have no highway barriers dont care about creeks..... i can go on all day but its sad that we protected more in 1980 than we do today and we know more and have more technology today......