View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 03:06 PM

Great info guy's ,Thanks. Its just to bad we cant shoot each caliber,like taking it for a test drive before deciding. Aaron is not a big guy,probably 170 or so so the recoil is a factor for sure. I like the 30-06 all round gun thing but i keep thinking 270 & 280 as well. I own a Tikka t3 lite in 300WSM and i figure if he goes after bigger game he can use mine for that..

Rich I read your articles and i know your very knowledgeable in calibers & firearms so your opinion holds a lot of weight for me.
The x-bolt is very comfortable for sure & lightweight. I like the factory recoil pad. I had to change the one on my Tikka,sitting at the range i could not go through half a box of shells.

tbosch that is good feedback you know someone who is very satisfied with their 30-06.

I dont do any reloading and the WSM cartridges seem to be a lot more $$ .That is a factor as well when doing lots of shooting.

Thanks to the rest of you on your info,this all sure helps out. I will have to include photos of the New rifle whichever it might be with the Buck he gets come mid November.

Phil.