View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 04:53 PM

Years ago, a hunting buddy and I were drinking a few wobblies in the basement suite that I was renting in the Lower Mainland and he decided to impress me with how much he had perfected his: "Lonely Cow Moose" call. Anyways, two days later the Lady who was living above me catches me as I'm getting home from work and she asked me if I had been hearing any strange noises at night. (She swore that the house was haunted anyways) When she described what they sounded like and that it was two nights earlier, I knew what was up!

I was generally a very courteous neighbor but she didn't care too much about wearing heals on the wooden floors, having drunken hen parties on weeknights, etc. Well, I decided to work on my own moose call every now and then at sporadic times throughout the night. Sometimes two nights in a row, sometimes weeks in between. I never did tell her it was me. She's probably on some forum right now talking about the "eerie, haunting sounds" she would hear at odd hours of the night coming from within the walls of the old haunted house she rented in New Westminster in the 90's!!! Ha ha!!!