View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 06:07 AM

I was Elk hunting with a buddy and his 2 kids a few years back NW of Spirit River. We were staked out at some land that we had permission on which was at the end of a dead end road and I was 2 sections back from the road tucked up behind a nice round bail with great sight lines to where all the traffic seemed to be (nothing beyond this chunk of field for miles but bush). My buddy and his son were in a different spot than I was, but watching the same general area. About 5 minutes left of legal light a older guy walks out of the corner of the bush as if he's out for a Sunday stroll, not carrying a gun or anything. He walks within about 30yrds from me, looks right at me and says "ELk are going to see ya", and keeps walking without breaking stride. My buddy saw him as well, and took after him to find out who he was as we were the only guys who had permission on that property. My buddy was yelling at him to stop, but the old guy never broke stride, hopped a fence as if it wasn't even there, and walked right back into the bush and was gone. We described the guy to the landowner (older gent maybe late 60's early 70's, tall, slim, wearing a very distinct hat, glasses, and a dark lumberjack type jacket with a vest over top) and he had no idea who it could have been and we never found any vehicle or anything around the area. It was pitch black within 10 minutes after this all happened and this guy would have been miles from any other clearing. It was all very creepy.

Fast forward a few months after when I was talking to a friend of mine about what happened. He just stared at me kind of shocked. He said he had never told me about what had happened to him about 10 years prior. He was up in the Yukon sheep hunting with another guy and were a very long ways into the mountain range checking out some sheep. He said that the sheep had moved around where they couldn't see them anymore, so they decided to move. As they got up to move there was this old guy walking along the side of the mountain maybe 40-50yrds away not carrying a gun or anything as if out for a walk. The old guy stopped for a second and said "Sheep Hunting hey!" turned and continued walking disappearing out of sight. I asked what he looked like, as I hadn't told him a description when I told my story, and he described the same guy to a T right down to the glasses. We were both freaked right out. Guess it took the old guy 10 years to walk from the Yukon to Spirit River....................

BH

Last edited by BloodHound70; 03-19-2018 at 06:13 AM.