View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
That has not been my experience. I guided a few NFL players back when I was guiding.
Only one of the NFL players I met could handle the kick of the rifle he hunted with. That rifle was a modest kicker, not a canon without wheels like the others packed.

It seems that getting hit by a linebacker is a whole lot different then getting kicked by a canon. Who'd a thunk it.

But the bottom line is, there are all kinds of guys who claim that recoil does not bother them but their shooting and recoil reducer sales say otherwise.

I think we all recognize that some people like to feel pain, and others don't even feel pain as much as most.

And there is a whole lot of guys who seem to feel a need to prove how tough they are, when they really aren't.

Clearly it is not good advice to suggest to a beginner that he should start out with one of those rifles that bring tears to the eyes of a 6'4" 280 pound football player. Yet it happens here almost daily.
Why would any guide let there guest shoot a rifle that hurt him,some thing is way off there.If you can't handle a rifle around me guest or not then the hunt is over,specially a man that size crying or tears.So he was hunting with something that hurt him and he never during any hunt decided this is not for me,then he is an idiot and had his head hit to hard.

No new shooter should start with something that will ruin there shooting skills,i bought my grand kid a 6.5 cm,i have 6.5 swede plus I like everything from a 22 lr to a 300 win with out any pian,there's no snot flying or more fire flyin then my 22 250 with a 20 inch barrel than my 300 win with 26 inch.

This shooting lighter cartridges is totally up to that person and is none of my business,just as I like to shoot what I like is nobodies business but mine,so mind your own business and I will mind mine.
The feeling is mutual both ways,so I take no offence by it.You wear your pants the way you like,eat the foods you like,do whatever it is you like,but don't tell me what I should like .If my wife likes it slow or fast in anything we do together that's my business but I will never let the forum know that part,i respect her way to much for that crap talk.Tough guys.