View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallieho View Post
Don; When did they start buying the AF3N Trips from Troutlodge.After that the lake sizes of fish really took off.They now i believe have there own,brood stock from those first plantings.Also for a 3 years the lake was not aerated.The fish never grew for 3 years.Because imo.The fish were near death all 3 years & only recovered once the aeration restarted in 2015.With OLD dipoloids & New tripsloids,there were close to 75000 fish in there.Then the partial WK.Happened,leaving about 10% -40 % survival.I regelect a cast/a fish in 2015-16.Those silvers as Troutlodge called that strain,were extremely strong fighters/jumpers. My best day backswimmers was 50 fish,16-18" fish.
The worst things about wk ofcourse is fish death.It generally,takes out all the big fish.But does allow for scud population to boom,with less predation apone them.

Talli....
In the years since the winterkill of 2017, All three strains of Trout Lodge AF3N fish were stocked. Jumper, Kamloops and Silvers. All are AF3N.

Brood stock from the eggs bought from Trout Lodge are sterile so brood stocks can’t happen from this group.

Alberta does some sterilization that results in 3N fish which are sterile but still retain spawning instincts and from what I’ve been told by the BC biologists, 1/2 of the males die in year two.

And The lake is still suffering from the stocking of 100,000 plus which mostly removed a lot of the bugs. This will take time to recover. It may take years.

Regards,

Don