Thread: Snaring seminar
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Four things.
First -the snaring seminars, if we say the seminar should "do this and include that", well then we're not talking about an $80.00 eight hour seminar any more. We can't have it both ways, cheap but include everything.

Second- there are outfits that run trapping courses and seminars other than the ATA, so what, they are businesses like any other. The ones that get trashed the most on here are the ones that support trapping and the ATA. There is a store in Edmonton that sells a pile of trapping equipment but you never see them at a Rendezvous trade fair.

Third- there's a lot of crap written on this forum about Gordy K. Has anyone done as much for trapping as he has? He helped Ingrid and I get involved as juniors on a line he had a few years ago, we'll never forget that. We wish him well and will continue to support Trapper Gord's which is the greatest outdoor store (in Debolt anyway).

Four- the ATA board is elected by membership to represent membership. While I may not agree with every thing they do,. I support them and think they do a lot for all trappers. If you've ever had the misfortune of dealing with an NDP government you will know the absolute frustration our board puts up with. Like any board they are not perfect, if you want perfection maybe we should just have you and I on the board . But seriously,

the Rendezvous starts Friday, a time for fellowship and family fun. I hope to see you all there.
Thanks for listening.
Doug