Thread: Snaring seminar
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Please tell me the date of the AEP meeting(s) when they supposedly discussed all of the reasons mentioned about why a Mandatory Snaring course is required. I simply cannot find any of that info anywhere. Tell me when they stated all that stuff and I'll pay the money for a FOIP to get the facts. You must know if you keep repeating it as fact.

While you're at it get me the date in 2008 when F&W supposedly said that they were going to ban all trapping in Alberta.

The fact is that the big bad Bios were reluctant to approve a Mandatory Snaring course and the 5 member team of private trapping school owners and instructors had to fight for it. In the end, the Bios agreed that if they could prove the science they could have the Mandatory course. THAT is where the testing came in. It was a requirement for them to get approval for a Mandatory Snaring course......not to save the planet or anything else.

All that goes without saying that the "team" did this behind everyone's back without their knowledge. Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission I guess.
Man Davey boy you couldn't be more out to lunch on this one. The testing is being privately done, has nothing to do with ATA. ATA just had some input on what kind of snare set ups to be used. AND...snare course is not mandatory.