Thread: Snaring seminar
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spruce View Post
Man Davey boy you couldn't be more out to lunch on this one. The testing is being privately done, has nothing to do with ATA. ATA just had some input on what kind of snare set ups to be used. AND...snare course is not mandatory.
Didn't you also not believe me last year when I informed fellow trappers that the association lobbied for a Mandatory Snaring course?

You may think that you know what's going on but you only know what you've been told. I have the FOIP request sitting in front of me so you're not arguing with me, you're arguing with the facts.

There is no doubt in my mind that the AEP would not allow the association to conduct their own testing. That makes total sense. I would hope that they would recognize the conflict of interest with that one.

Indeed the Snaring course is not mandatory......YET. No one said that it was. The "team" has been fighting for it since at least 2015 and they made a formal request in 2016 to make a Snaring course mandatory AND require a separate license to snare in Alberta. These are facts, not fluff.