Thread: Snaring seminar
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Good idea on the non licencee there H 380 That should be brought up at the rendezvous.
So Number 1 ; Everyone wanting to snare has to be course approved
2 ; Everyone has to use the designated minimum components
designates a snare for each variety of canine ?
Fox, coyote, wolf ?
3 ; Defined distance minimum from bait station for hanging a
snare .Birds of prey .
4 ; Minimum distances from residences and livestock ie; DOGS
5 ; ALL snares visibly and clearly marked for locating .
6 ; Nearby residences etc all advised of ongoing snare operation . 7 ; No snaring along maintained roads except beyond fence
line. Visible to citizens and travel
8 ; Reasonable snare check period , according to regulations
9 ; All carcasses disposed of in a respectful and legal manner
10 ; All equipment completely removed at end of season .
11; No saturation snaring around bait stations , Example 80 to
100 snares in a small area ! Like one or two acres ! Minimize
the chance of non target IE: Deer Moose Etc
Does this appear unreasonable to anyone here?
So for you fellows that may disagree with some of this , remember not all areas are alike , Not all areas have the same challenges .
So this IMO would be a clear chart for keeping the challenges that are brought about when snaring in RURAL Alberta .
As for Registered lines , a lot of this has no bearing on them BUT non the less the components of a snare would have to be adhered to as well as a course certificate .Humane methods should be the norm at all times
If we can all get on the same page with this it would be a start and an example for other provinces . perhaps they could get their privilege of so called free hangers back !
So If you disagree , no screaming at me , we have to act together !
Good ideas Dan , only one Im concerned with is the marking part . Yes , they should be marked so you know where to pick them up after .. I currently do this as Im sure many others do as well , but Im careful how I do it so as to not draw the attention of unwanted visitors { thieves }..Im not for going as far as posting a sign similar to bear baits , that would only be asking for trouble .