View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I don't see it that way. Nothing is being banned.

Here is BC's law. Alberta wants to go to something similar.

Part 1 — Possession of Body Armour
Prohibition on possession of body armour

2 (1) In this section:

"armoured car guard" means an individual who performs the work of, or provides any aspect of the services provided by, an armoured car guard service, as defined in the Security Services Act;

"private investigator" has the same meaning as in the Security Services Act;

"security consultant" has the same meaning as in the Security Services Act;

"security guard" means an individual who performs the work of, or provides any aspect of the services provided by, a security guard service, as defined in the Security Services Act.

(2) A person must not possess body armour except under the authority of a valid body armour permit issued in the person's name.

(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to a person who

(a) holds a valid security worker licence authorizing the person to perform the work of

(i) an armoured car guard,

(ii) a private investigator,

(iii) a security consultant,

(iv) a security guard, or

(v) a body armour salesperson,

while the person is in the course of employment under the security worker licence,

(b) holds a valid security business licence for a security business described in paragraph (a), (c), (d), (e), (f) or (g) of the definition of "security business" in the Security Services Act, while the person is in the course of employment in relation to the security business licence, or

(c) is exempt under the regulations.
with all due respect your out to lunch with this .

with the above law its like sayign you can only own a butcher knife if yur employed as a butcher , and so on , and so on . .

if this passes i think ill buy some body armor just because . abssolutely assenine