View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Baiting ironically is the hardest hands down...driving, scouting, set up and maintaining baits is a lot of work...spot and stalk is way easy when it works...
Baiting can get very expensive also...hot baits have to be maintained and restocked every couple days...I have seen baits where full 45 gallon drum are licked clean overnight...
Bait stations will provide best shot probability thou however if setups are done correctly...

First bear I took with the bow on the ground was in a spot and stalk...not sure thou who was spot and stalkin who...I shot the bear running full out at me ... the bear started its run at 100yds sent the arrow on way at 10 yards from me ...bear ran by just mere feet from me and took the dirt nap...

Baits can be heart pumping but eye to eye spot and stalk can be heart stopping...lol

neil
^^ wow. That's one heck of a story. I've wanted to do a spot and stock since i had a bear run me out of a ground blind a couple years ago while i was deer hunting. Bear finally took off in the right direction but left me in need of a change of shorts, lol.

Ive figured a spot and stock hunt would get the fear out of me, haha.

There was a split second where i didnt know if he was coming at me or going the other way - just a big blur of motion. I had a rifle and as quick as they move i'm doubtful i could have put a shot where i needed to.

Whats your shot placement when one is coming right at you?