View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 PM

Oh boy here we go..................this happened to me and a buddy of mine about 30 ears ago. We left about 2 in the morning to get out to an area we were planning on hunting knowing full well 2 o'clock was way to early but we figured we would be the first ones there and we could catch a few winks in the truck. We were both startled awake by a very large hum. So loud you'd swear you were inside a tunnel. We both got out of the truck and the sound was coming from everywhere, you couldn't pinpoint a direction so you could shine a flashlight.

We both jumped in the truck and drove like madmen out of the wooods onto some forestry road. Thought we were done, we stopped the soiund was still there but not as lound but it came back again and it was just as loud!!!! We repeated this scenario a few times thinking we could outrun the sound. Never could.

We booked it for home and met numerous vehicles heading out for the morning hunt. I've only ever told one other person this story and now spilling my guts of AOF.

I've never been back to this area.