View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 PM

As per PM request, another cool interaction.

Hey. Here's one. Feel free to post from "a member".

More things happened in that house that almost made me cry from fear. I was a grown up twelve year old then and wasn't afraid of much. So I had always chalked it up as my imagination playing tricks. Just so I could sleep.

Here my story as I would post it if I had balls...

I believe in none of it to keep what remains of my sanity.

But I once, home alone, in a house we were renting in Wainwright, had an old guy startle me while I was throwing darts at the dartboard down in the basement. It was mid day. Summer. Hot outside. So I was hanging out by myself downstairs in the nice cooler air.

As I was throwing darts I realized someone was standing behind me and to my left side, watching me throw. I could tell the person was an older guy, just slightly shorter than myself in height. I knew he realized that I had realized he was there. By his quiet surprised reaction.

Every hair on my body stood on end at that moment. I didn't even turn around to look. I just bolted for the stairs leading to the backdoor. As I ran up the stairs, I slapped every stair my hand came into contact with on the way up. To make extra noise I guess, in an attempt to scare whoever it was that was down there from chasing me up the stairs.

I made it to the backdoor, opened it up and flew through it. I spun around once I had made it to the grass which was a few feet from the door. I was ready for battle, ready to start feeding shots if I had to. I watched the screen door shut on its own and all went quiet.

I then ran to the nearest basement window to look. Nothing. Looked in every window in the house. Nothing.

I sat outside in the summer heat until my mom and sister made it home. They asked why I was sitting out in the heat. I lied and said I was enjoying summer while it lasted.

I just didn't see the sense in telling them about how my imagination got the best of me. And that I was too afraid to go back inside by myself.

Just like the neighbour didn't see the sense in telling me, until the day we were moving out, about the old guy that had spent his adult life living in that house with his wife until he had tragically died in the driveway from an accident.

Yeah. Probably would've been better if the neighbour hadn't told me at all.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....