View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheRock View Post
Walleyedude- do you know if it is possible to record both Sonarcharts Live data (.lsd file format) and .sl2 or .slg format at the same time? Or to convert an .lsd file to .sl2 or .slg? I’m trying to figure out the best way (or any way) to get to get live mapping while on the lake and still be able to create a permanent map from the data. From what I can see from a recent trip the Sonarcharts Live file is using up 400-500 MB in a 6 hour day, so the 16GB card will run out if I can’t process the data into a permanent map (which I believe are smaller in size once processed?)

I can move the .slg / .sl2 data to a laptop while on the trip and keep enough room free to save all of those tracks and put them in Reefmaster later.
If you turn sonarcharts live on it records sonarcharts live data. If you turn sonar log on it records a sonar log. Both on both record(pretty sure I tried this).

I am pretty sure you are mixing up the sonarcharts live file size with the sonar log. I have seen claims that Sonarcharts Live is around 50 mb for 8-10 hrs. I haven't tracked mine but I am sure I have well over 100 hours of recording time and I have not filled up my Navionics card(which only have a few gb extra space).