View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 03:09 PM

Default Lac La Nonne spring

Many yrs ago my wife(gf at the time) and I went through the ice @ Lac Lanonne. We were on sleds. Hit a spring by the church camp(east side shore i belive) between the island and shore. She went in deeper, standing on the seat she was up to her boobies. I was only in 2 ft cause I was closer to the island shore. I got her out with a deadwood tree from the island and belly crawling to her. The local girl riding by on a sled seen us and took my wife back to the truck where we were fishing, came back for me and showed me how to get to the church camp by road. By the time we returned a hour or so later, her brothers and friends had both sleds out. On guy went in with chest waders and tied up the sunken sled. Mine was not submerged so we were able to tow the dead one back to the trailer. ALL the locals knew of the spring. No signage because the county and province dont want liability. If its signed and the sign falls over and I drown, lawsuit city. No sign, no one can be sued is what I was told. Last I heard the lake was low and the area between the island and camp has been almost dry. After last summers rains, I would be carefull again. Someone must be from there and can report if this spring is a hazzard again.