View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Do you think Jet could of got those sheep alittle closer for a shot sheep hunter??? I'am all for being able to bring my lab hunting in the mountains. But if they do go for it I might have to get a herding dog myself!! I think thats the problem. Some people would follow the law and some would put a pack on them and say they follow the law.
Nope, I'm guessing if I sent him on an outrun those sheep would have been long gone. Domestic sheep and cattle are one thing but wild animals are another. Even domestic herd animals that are not used to being worked by dogs are extremely hard to do anything with until the dog has had a chance to work them for a while. The stories you hear of working dogs bringing in the cattle or sheep from great distances are with cows and sheep that are well dog broke, not bighorns in the mountains. I could never see it working and at some point we need to quit denying people opportunity out of fear that a very small percentage might abuse the privilage. Make the law clear and charge those that don't respect it.

Last edited by sheephunter; 01-06-2011 at 04:23 PM.