View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
Awesome video Kurt, question for you?

In your opinion, are the fmj arrows the best money can buy? I am replacing all of my arrows this years and I want the best money can buy, keeping in mind that they will be used for hunting. Thanks!
IMO there is no such thing as the "best" anything, but there are good and bad. FMJ's are a good arrow in my opinion. I only shoot FMJ's and ACC's, mostly because I'm a chicken. I've seen too many pictures of shattered arrows blasted through people's hands from trying to shoot a damaged carbon only arrow.

I like the FMJ's for hunting, they have good weight behind them and get good penetration, they seem to hold up a bit better than my ACC's when it comes to recovering arrows from animals. They aren't my first choice for shooting targets though, they heat up and melt in the target, making them harder to pull out than a carbon shaft.

Neil, I'm sure you're going to have no problems putting together some tight groups, get out there and do some shooting while the sun's shinning, they're calling for snow again on Wednesday I hear!