View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 01:06 PM

Default Solution?

So, does anyone who enjoys ripping their quads through the backcountry have a solution to offer? I have read this thread and all the others on the FFC, FB groups etc. and I don't see any solutions being offered.

This thread has turned into a complete witch hunt for some reason.

Now I'm new to these parts so understand the weight of my opinion. Please keep in mind it's only that - my opinion!

A solution that has been offered elsewhere is seasonal closures to trails. Seems like a good idea or at least a starting point to discuss.

I have a bias to one side of this for sure BUT the commonality I see between all of these threads on all different forums is OHV users only jumping in to bash a fisherman OR to point out that fisherman do damage as well, citing poachers and poor handling. Yeah granted some mutants have infiltrated the fishing community as well and are only interested in a hero shot for FB, with a monster bully - but that is a different talk for a different day. However I feel that if your only argument is that the other party ALSO does damage, what are you seriously accomplishing? If you think the number of OHV users is equivilant to the number of poachers then we are talking apples and oranges. I don't see any solutions offered above just axes being grinded and personal vendettas being aired.

My point being - neither party is faultless in this so we need a solution instead of pointing at the other one. Most of you are probably parents - what is your course of action when one kid says it was the other kid? Both lose is my guess.

If you like quadding - come up with a solution to improve your footprint. As of right now the only answers being offered are fingers pointed.