View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
They have banned quading in multiple recreation areas and the fish stocks still aren't amazing in all those areas... Quaders are not the only reason for a poor fish population in the Pembina and you are crazy if you think so.

Want example of fishing pressure issues.

Crimson Lake, fished out in little over a year...
Obed Lake, being fished out with heavy pressure, obvious decline in fish stocks the past couple years.
Wabamun Lake, a catch and release fish sanctuary, many dead and injured fish from handling.
Muir Lake, another primarily catch and release fishery with multiple dead floaters from handling.
Ram River cutties show signs of missing lips, deformed jaws and there are probably dead ones as well all from catch and release fishing.

Those are just a small handful of water bodies that I have seen fishing including catch and release have a significant negative impact on the water body in the few years I have been fishing here.

Quadders may be more damaging but all the other guy claimed and he was right in doing so is that the fishermen also have an effect.

Now instead of arguing on a forum if you think the true reason for poor fish stocks in the Pembina is quadding then get some examples and propose it to the government on why quadding is the actual culprit and try to convince them to close those areas to quadding or at least enforce the laws(quadders aren't supposed to be going in the rivers/creeks so shouldn't have an effect on fish stocks).
I was ready to come out guns a blazing depending on your response but the above is a good post. And I agree with it.

By the way, I never once talked about the state of fishing. As per all my rants on here...and there are a lot of them...it is the general damage that quaders do anywhere, to anything that turns my stomach. The introduction of fishermen as a problem was done by sympathetic quading supporters on this post when they have no where else to go in this conversation. They don't want to help with ideas, they want to point fingers at something else, as others have put so well here. All they get is a big FAIL on the attempt.

At least you offered some good info and pointing towards a solution. Thanks for that.

For me, I need work on my own land and area farmers on getting rid of them here first. In that, I will not fail.