View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacation View Post
Well I got it done the other night. After bow season was looking promising and then after checking my cards see soooo many pictures of a pair of grizz and a black, then them clawing the hell out of my tree stand tree...I got the message they didnt want me around. So Sunday afternoon, just into rifle season, I went out to check my cameras to see if the bears were still around. I quaded in and grabbed the cards. The wind was subsiding so I parked the quad and walked to a good vantage point where the wind was to my favor, just to see what may come to the field to feed. First off, a whitetail doe. It saw me, but I ducked down and it came out of the bush to feed. It kept glancing to the trees, then more whitetail came out. Next thing there were 5. I was excited to stay and watch for the Alpha buck to come out. It started getting later and I basically got up to leave while there was still light. Then I saw to my left...ELK. I saw the lead was a bull. I sat up, leveled on a fence post and nailed it with my 7mm rem mag. Thwack. It stood like a drunken elk, on unsteady legs. I hit it again Thwack. No change. So again....it was talking slow steps to the fenceline/bush a meager 20 years away, where I did not have permission and it was thick as hell. Thwack, again. It went down. Yeah. I laid down...trying to calm my nerves, then grabbed my binos....he was up???? wth? I steadied again, thwack. He went down...right on the fence line. I left him and found the landowner, who was kind enough to load the beast in my truck. When I skinned him out, there was a softball size hole and a couple others just behind teh front leg. I truly hit him His lungs were mash, totally surprised that he still stood. anyhow, it was a night I wont forget as I only went out to check the cams but I did go out prepared for any surprises
Interesting story to read.... Awesome Animal