Thread: Alberta Bass?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:31 PM

Okay with the bass education and everything and anything about introduction of new species. I'm from Ontario and we have all sorts of european and asian invasive species that live in Ontario waters. Yes chinook, coho, pink, rainbow and brown's aren't even native to Ontario, yet we intentionally introduced them into the great lakes and treat these as prized fish. Now there complaining there aren't enough baitfish to support these hungry fish. Every year the salmon are getting smaller.

Now there are carp's, goby's, spinny water fleas, zebra mussels and etc in Ontario. Aquaculture raising of atlantic salmon in the pacific ocean in BC now thats wrong which brings new diseases and the flea. And we're complaining about perch in alberta taking over the pothole lakes lets get real. All that money going into the raising of rainbow and brook trout to be killed over winter what a waste.

Yes the lakes in this province are not as fertile and are more fragile compared to other provinces. At least in this case invasive is not coming from unknown waters from unknown places.

Anyways I love the lake fishing here it's so much more peaceful and the crowds are small compared to back home and the fly fishing in the rivers are phenominal.

Just my cents fishing isn't so bad here just more challenging. If you could catch fish in Alberta you could catch fish anywhere.