Thread: Alberta Bass?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

If you love your trout fishing,just be thankful there are no bass in AB.On the eastcoast,NB and NS in particulair,bucket brigade bazzholes have illegally spread these invasives throughout countless watersheds where they completely take over.They are the single greatest threat to native trout and atlantic salmon populations wherever they become established and I kill every single bass I can sink a hook into on my home trout waters.NBDNR and DFO are presently in the process of spending millions of dollars in an attempt to eradicate smallmouth from Miramichi Lk. at the headwaters of the most productive Atlantic Salmon river in the world,thanks to some a-hole that thought it would be nice to catch bass from his cottage dock and illegally introduced them to the lake.If(when?) they escape the lake and get into the Miramichi river system,they threaten to destroy a world class salmon fishery as they feast on every parr they can wrap their ugly mouths around,not to mention the loss of an estimated $50M annual boost to the local,rural economy spent by travelling anglers that come from the world over to fish the mighty Miramichi.

Last edited by grinr; 04-03-2011 at 09:17 PM.